6.27.2007

Not so much with the words this time

I think I'll go ahead and make this primarily a photo blog, mmkay?

Mmkay.

These are from Monday's open mic adventure at Mongo's in Grover. One last time, thanks so much to everybody who came to see me, it was awesome having you guys there :)

Almost all of these are taken by Ruth (Thanks again! Great job!) I took a few but I don't remember which ones, so no sweat :)

Enjoy!


Jeff commands you to enjoy the photoblog!


We're backlit and smiley!


Brian says we're the 2007 version of Friends. I think I'm probably Monica.


Lindsay's stretching before the strenuous night ahead!


Gotta stay limber :)


Hank and Ryan havin' a good time


Jeff's getting nose-goesed like crazy.


Courtney's making a silly face, which is weird, cuz she never does that! :P


Brian and Lindsay are happy to see you!


I might be a little bit afraid....


I'm still a little scared, but we made it over to the bar, things are lookin' up.


I look happy. Lindsay looks happy. Jeff does not look happy.


Look at them telling secrets about me! Ha, and you thought I was just paranoid :P


Brian looks exceptionally jolly :)


So I'm leanin' on the bar, and...


...Ruth decides to take a picture of my heine, yay!


Ah, beers are up finally, and a cool pic of the shot glass


I'm texting, I like this picture.

Somewhere around this point is when they called my name, two bands had ditched so i got to play a little earlier than i was supposed to, good news.


I was a little nervous.


The host wishin' me luck, hooray.


Staring match with the microphone....I can do this.


Everybody gettin' settled in.


I do a goofy little intro before each song, just to say the name and all.


I started to play, holy cow!


I even sang, yay for me.


Settlin' in for the long haul.


Ruth's good at picture taking, and they use Peavey speakers apparently.


Looks like about half my crowd is paying attention, for shame! Just kidding! :)


This is how it looked from behind the audience.


Still playing...


Still singing...the mic tasted funny...


Yay for friends who wait all night to listen to you play even when they have better things to do.


ohnoes i'm all blurry! i like this one though :)


a very emotional note apparently


yay applause, i must not have done too bad, or you guys are just polite :)



they like me, they really like me!


hooray!


that's about it. ruth took a butt load of pictures and there's tons of them that are worth looking at that i didn't post here, it would have been just plain too long. you really oughta head over to my flickr.com account and see the rest.

Thanks again from the bottom of my whiny little emo heart to everyone who came, you really have no idea how much it meant to me...thank you :)

and thanks to all of you for reading, i hope to keep playing and i hope you don't get tired of listening to me,

thanks,

loren

No comments: